How much does a swimming pool cost?
Then the next question, what size pool do I need? or more importantly â€“ what size will fit? Sometimes itâ€™s hard to know where to even start, so weâ€™ve put together a quick over view to compare your options?
We at Design Scape’s donâ€™t install your pool, however we can help with all your landscaping requirements, once your pool is in the ground. We work with a number of reliable pool companies, so you donâ€™t have to stress and worry about the process, you can just kick back relax and start planning your 1st pool party.
The most important thing to have is a clear picture of the end product that youâ€™re after.
We love usingÂ Pinterest, which an image based app, with thousands of quality images to help you define what you like.
Click on the link above to be taken to Pinterest Pools and donâ€™t forget to save all your best finds.
Things to consider when choosing a pool.
- The shape of the pool and where the entry points will be.
- What end will be the deep end.
- What materials do you want to surround the pool decking? Paving? Concrete? Â as each has their own unique advantages. For example if you concrete around your pool youâ€™ll need to consider drainage options for excess water run off, where as a timber deck will allow the water to disperse through the gaps.
- Â What do you want to the pool to be fenced off with? as this can really make or break the design and flow of the pool area. Not enough space in your pool area, even when using glass, will make the area feel tight, so itâ€™s important to consider the use of the areas, inside and outside the anticipated fencing, and how much space will be required to make it function well.
How much do above ground pools cost?
You an above ground pool, you are looking at around NZ$5,000 â€“ $10,000 depending on how much work you personally want to do in the installation.
How much do fibreglass pools cost?
Fibreglass pools are great! We have personally had them in our last two homes and think they are great value for money.Â They will last for years, and need little to no maintenance which we absolutely love.
They come in a great range of colours, sizes and shapes and increase in price the larger you go.
One small draw back to fibreglass pools, is that you canâ€™t tile them, so they donâ€™t look quite as plush as the concrete pools, however with some nice coping stones, it is easy to lay pavers, concrete or decking, to the finished height of the coping stones.
The average cost of a small fibre glass pool, is around $45,000 NZD including installation.
How much do concrete pools cost?
Concrete pools are perfect if you have poor access to your site and can not drop in a fibre glass pool or you have a strange shape back yard or if space is tight.
The other great thing about concrete pools, is that theyâ€™re totally customisable, and made to your requirements, so you can choose the location of your steps, the varied depths of the pool, size, and finally colour and finishing to get that lush tropical resort look.
Concrete pools are by far the most expensive option,Â costing anywhere upwards of NZ$70,000Â including installation.
How much does the landscaping of my pool cost?
Hereâ€™s a complete check list of all the things youâ€™ll need to consider when installing a pool, so nothing is missed out of your budget.
- Pool fencing â€“ Glass, Aluminium, WoodenÂ
- Decking â€“Pine, Hardwood, CompositeÂ
- Paving â€“ Stone, Concrete, GraniteÂ
- Coping stones around the pool
- Reinstating the grass once the project is finished
- Garden areas around the pool